- Why is acid so bad?
- Why do you need to eat alkaline?
- How to eat alkaline + cooking tips
- Alkaline foods
- Acidic foods to avoid
- Alkaline lifestyle
- Alkaline recipes
One of the most commonly asked questions among fans of the alkaline lifestyle is how to get enough protein when eating 80/20.
It’s understandable, because we’ve been trained in our culture of the Standard American Diet (or SAD, as I like to call it) to only view meat as good sources of protein.
And so, if you aren’t eating a lot of meat, the thinking goes, you aren’t getting enough protein.
Well I’m going to turn that stinking thinking flat on its head for you today.
I am here to tell you that your protein needs do NOT need to come from meat. Meat is acidic, and it takes a lot of energy for your digestive system to break down and assimilate.
What if I told you that you could actually get protein every day that contributes towards your daily protein requirements, and makes your body MORE alkaline?
It’s not just possible, it’s actually really easy to do.
Before I explain how, let’s for 1 last update 01 Jun 2020 back up a few steps and talk about how much protein you really need. Let’s answer this question in a couple of different ways… Before I explain how, let’s back up a few steps and talk about how much protein you really need. Let’s answer this question in a couple of different ways…
At what stage in our life do we grow the fastest and require the MOST protein, where our skeletal and muscular systems are developing rapidly?
Can Simvastatin Make Gerd Worse Treatments For (☑ Home Remedies For) | Can Simvastatin Make Gerd Worse Herbshow to Can Simvastatin Make Gerd Worse for You guessed for 1 last update 01 Jun 2020 it – as babies. You guessed it – as babies.
In fact, we just gave birth to our daughter Alea Hope Gioffre on 4/14, and it blows my mind how much she has changed in just a few days!
So babies need as much or more protein as any humans. And get this, breast milk – considered nature’s perfect food for babies – only has 3 to 5% protein.
Can Simvastatin Make Gerd Worse Naturally (☑ How To Get Rid Of) | Can Simvastatin Make Gerd Worse Heartburn Home Remedieshow to Can Simvastatin Make Gerd Worse for Compare that to your standard plate of food for older children and adults! It’s often 30 to 50% protein. That’s 10 times for 1 last update 01 Jun 2020 what mother nature tells us we need! Compare that to your standard plate of food for older children and adults! It’s often 30 to 50% protein. That’s 10 times what mother nature tells us we need!
Secondly, look at some of the largest and strongest mammals on earth that eat a plant-based, alkaline diet – cows, hippos, elephants, gorillas, and my favorite, rhinos. These are powerful animals and their bodies get all the protein that they could ever need.
Granted they have a different digestive system, but none the less, these mammals become so big, powerful, and strong from eating grass and the healthy component of grass, chlorophyll!
This is living proof that animal proteins are not our bodies’ only sources of protein. In fact, you’re better the 1 last update 01 Jun 2020 off the more variety you can get. This is living proof that animal proteins are not our bodies’ only sources of protein. In fact, you’re better off the more variety you can get.
So that brings us to the types of proteins that are actually going to make your body more alkaline, just like those gorillas, rhinos, and other powerful animals.
Protein per ounce: 17-23 grams, depending on the brand
Pea protein is the most hypoallergenic of any protein available, so if you have any digestive issues, this is your best bet. A great benefit of this protein source is that it delivers 100% of your recommended daily value of vitamin D (which is good, but if you have read my blogs you will have learned that the RDA is really the RDI, Recommended Daily INSUFFICIENCY…I still suggest you supplement your diet with a food D3)!
Can Simvastatin Make Gerd Worse Treatments (👍 13 Surprising) | Can Simvastatin Make Gerd Worse To Avoidhow to Can Simvastatin Make Gerd Worse for Studies have concluded that it lowers high blood pressure and helps to regulate blood sugar. And emerging research has found a link between pea protein and kidney health.
It’s high in branched-chain amino acids that promote muscle building and quicker workout recovery. It also helps promote weight loss and leaves you feeling fuller longer after consuming it.
Dr. Daryl’s Eat This Tip: Pea protein comes in a powder form, so it’s best added to smoothies and other recipes. It won’t change the flavor of your dish, so there’s no end to what you can add it to.
Protein per tbsp.: 5 grams
Studies show that Hemp, the kind you eat and not smoke (yes, there is a difference) can fight heart disease, obesity, and metabolic syndrome, likely because it’s rich in protein and fiber. All of that fiber will also help stave off cravings for acidic foods that crop up throughout your day.
They contain significant amounts of all nine essential amino acids, as well as plenty of alkaline minerals like magnesium, zinc, iron, and calcium.
They’re also high in plant based Omega 3 Fatty Acids, am essential fat which can help fight chronic inflammation, acidity, brain fog, and depression.
Dr. Daryl’s Eat This Tip: Simply sprinkle hemp seeds into salads and cereals, or add hemp seeds to your morning smoothie to jump-start your day.
Sacha Inchi ProteinProtein per ounce: 9 grams This indigenous Peruvian super food is a seed that boosts energy levels and your overall metabolism. Known as the Incan peanut (but not a peanut – nicknamed this for its nice nutty flavor), it’s been eaten for thousands of years in Central and South America.
Sacha Inchi is 48% ALA, the kind of Omega 3 that can convert to DHA and EPA in your body. It’s also an excellent source of vitamins A and E and fiber.
It has been clinically proven to lower LDL (bad) cholesterol and increase HDL (good) cholesterol, as well as improve circulation and lower blood pressure.
Dr. Daryl’s Eat This Tip: Enjoy lightly toasted sacha inchi seeds as a snack. You can find sacha inchi oil and tea sold at Whole Foods or your local organic market.
Notice which proteins are not included on this list of alkaline, plant-based protein sources:
- Whey: This is the most common protein powder source, but it comes from dairy milk whey, so it’s full of acid and it exacerbates digestive issues, which is not what you want as you refuel after a workout. It’s also known to cause a long list of side effects for some people, so I highly recommend you avoid whey protein.
- Rice: This is a better alternative to whey protein, but it still comes with its own problems. Rice protein powder exposes you to dangerous and unnecessary trace levels of arsenic and toxic heavy metals like lead, cadmium, and tungsten. Rice is a grain, and you need to avoid.
- Casein: This is a specific cow’s milk protein, and like whey, many people have trouble digesting casein. Casein protein has been linked to breast cancer in women.
- Soy: I have MANY problems with everything that has to do with soy, especially For starters, it’s almost always from genetically modified sources. And just as scary, its effects on estrogen levels and hormones are not completely understood and certainly not to be trusted.
- So now you know my 3 favorite plant-based protein sources – pea, sacha inchi, and hemp. And it will come as no surprise that I combined those 3 to create my very own super protein powder.
Alkamind Organic Daily Protein is a 100% plant-based organic protein powder with the best ingredients you can find in 2 delicious flavors, Creamy Chocolate and Vanilla Coconut.
Because I stand behind what’s included in it so strongly, here are all of the certified organic ingredients we use in addition to these 3 awesome protein sources:
- Our secret – coconut oil, which gives it a smooth, creamy texture (like whey minus all the ACID), and turns the protein into a slow burning fuel
- Raw cacao in the chocolate blend
- Seed and sprout blend of flax and chia seeds and quinoa, amaranth, and millet sprouts (Sprouts are 30 times more nutritious then their non-sprouted counterparts.)
- Natural vanilla, chocolate, and coconut flavors from the highest grade raw, essential oils
- Certified organic guar gum, a healthy thickener that doesn’t cause the digestive upset the other gum products do – research studies show it can help with constipation, IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), and even Type 2 Diabetes by lowering cholesterol and blood sugar levels in studies
- Lo han berry extract (monk fruit), a traditional Chinese alkaline super berry that is a healing alternative to sugar, with a 0 glycemic index factor, which means NO insulin spikes!
Can Simvastatin Make Gerd Worse Other Natural Remedies (👍 GERD Diet) | Can Simvastatin Make Gerd Worse Remedieshow to Can Simvastatin Make Gerd Worse for A big difference compared to all of the protein powders with ingredient lists a mile long. Remember, more is NOT better when it comes to supplements and protein powders. Most of these products contain everything but the kitchen sink, but it’s not enough of one single ingredient to make a marked difference in your body.
Alkamind Organic Daily Protein is also unique for its nutritional profile: